Welcome To CSCI 230
Why you should take this class:
- Software developer jobs are among the highest paid jobs!
- The job growth is 22%, which is much higher than the national average of 7% (source: Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Software developer jobs have the highest job satisfaction
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Analyze algorithms using asymptotic analysis.
- Distinguish between the notions of an abstract data type and physical data structure.
- Apply stacks, queues, lists, trees, binary search trees, balanced binary trees, hash tables, heaps and priority queues, and graph ADTs in computer solutions.
- Implement ADTs and appropriate operations on ADTs.
- Be able to identify the advantages and disadvantages of the use of specific data structures in specific problem situations.
- Distinguish between various sorting algorithms in terms of how they work and their efficiency in specific problem situations.
- Apply written communication skills to produce one or more reports on one to two pages on topics of data structures and algorithms.